The Magic Whack

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Boycott of Cafe Advertisers?

Magic Enigma is saying there should be a boycott of Magic Cafe Advertisers.

I think the feeling is that Brooks is an evil fucker who deletes posts and rules with an iron fist and blah, blah, blah, blah.

I don't like the cafe much, although it's a great source of entertainment. Where else can you see grown men say such stupid things? If nothing else it's a great source of material for us bloggers.

The big problem is that people think everything on the Internet should be free and that the Internet is where we can truely have free speech.

I think what we have to accept is that the Magic Cafe is a business. It costs money to run and no one would do it for the love of it. So they put ads on it and turn a profit. That's life.

As a business it has people in charge who make choices about how the place is run. Because Mr Brooks pays for it he can choose how to run it. As I said I don't like it - which is why I don't post there, I just read the dumb shit.

Advertisers will go where there are page views. And also bear in mind that a lot of the cafe members are dipshits who are quite happy with how it's run.

If you don't like the magic cafe - just boycott it. Don't go there, don't post, don't give it any page-views. And if enough people agree with you it will dwindle to nothing like so many other magic forums and the advertisers will pull out anyway. There are other magic forums you can join.

I for one like the cafe being there. It keeps most of the stupid shits in one place and gives me a lot to laugh at and pick on.

MW.

1 Comments:

  • Yea, liked the cafe til I got burned. They wouldn't let me post my URL in my own dang signature!

    http://dkmagic.blogspot.com/

    By Blogger David, at 1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home