The Magic Whack

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Don't be offended if you don't get a reply to emails.

I've had quite a lot of email to the magicwhack address, so I think it's worth explaining now so that no one takes offense...

I don't reply to my email. Not ever. Not even if I think I know you.

I like my anonimity, not because I'm ashamed of what I write or a coward, just because it would be quite a surprise if people knew who I really was (no that's not a photo of me either, he's a paid model). The world of magic has generally become a big suck-up club and as someone commented to one of my posts - magic takes itself too seriously.

The bottom line is I have products for sale, and magic is my living (performing it, not selling tricks - that's just a fun side-line). In speaking my mind I'm going to piss some people off, and the simple fact is that their $$$ are as good as the next persons.

I have some good stuff out there (Of course all the stuff I have out there is put out under my stage name. My real name is of course Magic Whack) and sadly some magicians are so dumb they'll shoot themselves in the foot on some pathetic attempt at making a moral stand on principle. "I don't like xyz because he once accidentally forgot to credit some unheard of guy in a trick he wrote up and so I said I'd never buy anything he put out even if it would work really well in my act and is one of the best tricks to come out this year..."

I'm not going to say anymore, I've given away too much as it is.

So if you've emailed me and not got a reply, its not personal. Email is traceable and I'm not stupid.

MW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home