The Magic Whack

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Chris Mitchell (the tossed out deck on a stick guy).

Chris Michell the guy who bought you "old trick on a stick for $200+" left a comment on a recent post of mine. Here's what he said...

Dear mr whack,

I'm curious to know if you have actually seen the product you are reviewing or the routine that is included. I'm new to the business of marketing magic, but I do know that's how a review works.I agree that it's not cheap. It's difficult to put a price on a routine that I've been performing for 15 years.

There are several effects on the market that have a higher price tag due to the fact that you are buying the rights to do the full routine. Do you think Kevin James Bowl-A-Rama is worth $750? I think it's worth every penny.

There's a market for full magic routines out there and I have no problem cashing in on it.

That's show business.

Chris Mitchell


So not to disappoint I'm happy to answer his questions...

1) Have I seen the product?
No. Nowhere did I say in that post that I did, nor did I claim my post was a 'review'. Most of what gets posted here is my opinion and if I do claim something as a review then I have seen it or bought it. If you want me to review it, scan the instructions and email them to me, I don't need to see the pole or the bucket and I know what a tossed out deck is.

2) It's difficult to put a price on a routine...
I don't think it is. How about $3.24? If you can't get enough paid gigs from your 'professional' routines and have to resort to whoring out old tricks that aren't yours with nothing more than a presentation - the routine can't be that good. But that is just my opinion, as I said I've not seen the routine.

3) Is James Bowl-A-Rama is worth $750?
Probably. But that's comparing apples to oranges. Is the tossed out deck worth $200? Probably not since it was published in manuscripts that cost a few bucks.

4) There's a market for full magic routines out there.
Yes there is, I agree with you totally. So why not just publish a manuscript called "Chris Mitchells professional routine for the tossed out deck" instead of pretending that this is something super-new? Maybe because you'd not sell as many? Perhaps because people would ask "who in the blue hell is Chris Mitchell?"

5) I have no problem cashing in on it. Thanks for pointing out the fucking obvious. I'm really looking forward to some other releases from you. What other Al Koran ideas could be stuck on a long stick?

6) That's show business. No it isn't - that's the magic business. It's in a sorry ass state isn't it?

MW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home