The Magic Whack

Friday, March 25, 2005

I've lost a reader and its breaking my fucking heart.

Some people can't admit to being wrong. Steve Pellegrino of MagicRants is one of them.

I responded to his reply on the Vernon issue and now he knows I'm right he uses the approach of "I am not reading blogs by anyone anonymous anymore". Yeah good cop out. I don't mind that he's removed the links to this site from his blogroll and set a new policy that he only links to blogs that aren't anonymous - that's fine, you have to set rules for your site. But to say "I liked what was being written there but now if it's anonymous I won't read it" is just sticking his head in the sand because he knows I have a series of very valid points about the Vernon issue and L&L in general.

Here's what he says about anonymous bloggers...

Is it that important to know who is writing these blogs? Would it make a difference? In the long run, yes it does. Even though your readers don't know who you are initially, over time, and if you're honest about what you write, they will get to know you and understand your perspective.


Over time if I'm honest people will come to know me and my perspective anyway. Just because they can't apply a 'real' first and last name to me makes no difference. MagicCircleJerk remains anonymous but its obvious from his writings what he belives, what he stands for, and I think his regular readers know a lot about him - they just don't know his actual name.

How about I just put the name 'Greg Jackson' in my profile. Would you all be any the wiser? Would knowing (or thinking) that my name was 'Greg' suddenly bring so much more meaning to what I write?

Of course I can solve this for Steve really easily. He doesn't even care if I gave a full name. He links to this blog still : http://in-my-opinion.ca/ and that guy posts only as 'David'. But thank God he does eh? The fact I know he is called David means I know him and his viewpoints so much better doesn't it? So how about I just start signing my posts 'Jason'. Will that help?

So Mr MagicRant - you're not fooling anyone. You're just giving it a bullshit excuse because you know I'm right. I suspect Loius has hushed you because he doesn't want bad publicity and you are so far up his ass that you don't have a choice. You need the work and you know web designers are two a penny these days. You also know what he's capable of - look how he fucked Larry Jennings over.

MW. Jason.

4 Comments:

  • You should thank god you are anonymous because if Thomas Wayne ever got hold of you.....

    Anyways I have supported you on this (like it counts) on my equally great blog :http://thewizardsball.blogspot.com/

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:37 AM  

  • Yep! Oh well that's Dwayne Andrews that argued with me and then ran. Then Steven Youell of Cogitations, and now Steve Pellingrooo or whatever his name is. Seems no one can stand the wrath of the MagicWhack LOL

    MW.

    P.S. Thanks for your support guys.

    By Blogger Mr Whack, at 9:36 AM  

  • Actually Thomas I did take his link down for a few hours after he'd removed mine (he updated his blogroll before the post he made). Then on reflection I put it back because I don't mind people having different opinions and I realized what I had done was a knee-jerk reaction.

    But he pulled the links first. So get your facts right.

    I agree with you on one point - Steve and I have differing opinions on the L&L/Vernon thing.

    The difference is I can argue my point and he can't. Instead he says 'you are misinformed' and doesn't back it up, then instead of answering my points he says 'I am not reading anonymous blogs' as a cop-out.

    MW.

    By Blogger Mr Whack, at 3:41 PM  

  • Hi Thomas,

    1) I don't care what you saw on your screen - I have told the truth about the link pulling.

    2) I have never said that being anonymous makes my posts more reliable.

    3) I agree with you that I wouldnt want to publically shit on my employer. I have no problem with that. Steve could say "I am not discussing this further because of my association with L&L" and I'd accept that. I don't wanna get the fucker fired. But to pull this anonymous blogger bull out of the bag to avoid saying "I was wrong" or "I dont want to/can't discuss this further" is lame. Don't talk smack if you can't back it up. I backed up all I said. Steve just ran and hid.

    4) I'm done with this topic now.

    MW.

    By Blogger Mr Whack, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home