The Magic Whack

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

More-on Dwayne Andrew

A couple of weeks ago I showed you all the rare footage I discovered of the INVENTOR of the Ambitious card. A tool called Dwayne Andrews, or Andrew Dwayne, or Dweeb Ballbanger or Chunky Dwollops, his name was that memorable.

What I didn't notice was that he eventually posted a comment on that post.

Now first of all, if you haven't already read that blog post then click here.

Now let's look at his reply...

Dear sir, now that I have read your comments I feel I should leave the magic community forever never to return.

Good then I've achieved something worthwhile then.

Who are you kidding, may I please see your video.

Oh shit he was just joking about leaving forever. What a cunt.

I don't have a video, I don't need one. Why should I have one and why should I show it to you?

Also just so you know This video was not created for magicians. As I find most of you to be obnoxious children, who instead of trying to build up our artform by actual work, you would rather try to destroy what others have done.

Ok, we can tell it wasn't created for magicians. But who was it created for? You can't tell me that it actually gets you work? If you get a booking off that then agents and others in charge of booking magicians really are shit at their jobs.

Also this was Filmed by KH Video for Sky T.V. who provides inflight movies for American Airlines and others. Also this video appeared on over 80 cable channels over the PrimeMedia network.

Thank fuck it's never been shown on a plane I've been on. Of course long-haul flights are so dull people will watch anything. What is the PrimeMedia network? Is that 80 public access cable channels? I've travelled a lot and watched a lot of TV, funny I've never seen it. I invite readers of this blogger who have seen this shit on TV to raise a hand, because frankly I think you're talking out your ass.

Next understand that the reference at the beginning of the tape (to wit) the ambitious card, was a mild joke which worked. It got so much press through people like you that it has been seen in places I could never have imagined.

And that would have got you press why? No one outside of Magic would give a rats ass about crediting. You're lieing again. The only place you didn't imagine seeing it was on my blog you dumb tub of lard.

So I really do appreciate your help. As for the thought that my impressions are bad. You are right

I know.

they are caricatures -they are supposed to be over the top, or exaggerated

And utterly shit?

Houdini claimed that after a while no knows why you were famous, just that you were famous. If you don't believe it remember Heidi Fleiss.

And you are famous? No. So he wasn't fucking talking about you was he?

Just so you will begin to understand the process I undertook. This involved eight hours of filming on top of a building near downtown Dallas with three Beta Cams three camera men a producer and director, production assistant and technical advisor.

ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

My usual performing style is standing, so when the directer asked me to perform seated this caused me to modify my performing style. And not to excuse myself but it is hard to fool a camera.

So you couldn't find a director who could cope with a standing shot then?

It's hard to fool a camera if you perform as badly as you did. Other magicians, and when I say other I mean real famous ones, have been on TV and done great.

Editing this project took another year, Of which I was only peripherally involved. But all in all it is aestheticly pleasing to me and that is what really counts.

You really got a shit production company then didn't you - a fucking year and that's the best they could do with it?

Understand that this video was not meant for you, it was however meant for people to see and enjoy our profession (or your hobby).

Ohh I think it was meant for me - I've had a hell of a laugh.

To prove that it worked. I started using this video after I obtained the rights. It has greatly helped to sell my work. Because of this video I book about fifty shows per year more.

Bullshit.

Something else that will surprise you is that after watching this video, a concert promotion agent approached me to create a tour of magicians to play over one hundred dates across the U.S. and Canada. So it seems that My plans are working and doing well.

Yeah be sure to let us know when that happens.

I believe people such as your self who only exist to (all unrequested) critique others work, not to bring about a positive change, but only to destroy another person, have a special place reserved in Dante's Hell.

A special place - excellent. Glad I'm getting something out of this.

And understand that this type of attitude is the reason I will not be a part of the magic community organizations at large, as it does not foster a sense of brotherhood but only serves to give small people a place to whine and commiserate.

No lets be real here. You avoid the magic community because you're no fucking good. Maybe if you did join in the community someone could give you some guidence and you could improve.

My thoughts are the same concerning anonymous posting on web sites and blogs.

If I met you face to face I'd tell you the same as have done here. You're a liar and a bad magician. In fact I can't decide which you're worst at - magic or lieing.

Also I understand that most of the things I have said here will be misquoted and misused to try to defame my person even more.

I have quoted you word for word.

That's fine because I realize the types of persons who are doing the fault finding. Before putting this on my website I asked several of my professional working magician friends their thoughts on this piece of work.

Ohhh members of the magic community you refuse to be a part of?

Other than a few editing mistakes most liked the quality and humor.

I'm sorry - I thought you said they were professionals?

therefore again I submit to you that your oppinion was not warranted or needed and not appreciated.

Tough - get over it.

And if you still have a problem then please feel free to contact me personally that we might have a close-up and personal discussion preferably with swords or pistols,cordially
Dwayne Andrew

Why - it's more fun to blog it here.

MW.

2 Comments:

  • The lamest excuse on earth is, "Why aren't you more positive?" which is like Rodney King warbling "Why can't we all just get along"? The point to ask for positive, constructive feedback was before he released the video, not afterwards. If you don't do your homework and pay your dues, you have no right to whine about how cruel the world is.

    Note how he substitutes efforts for results. "I don't know, Bob, your presentation was boring, your pass was painfully obvious, and the reference to venereal disease was inappropriate for a kids show." --But I had three slow-motion cameras with fisheye lenses and a 25 man motion picture team from Universal Studios with a two million dollar budget who worked around the clock for three years....
    Results count, not effort.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • All excellent comments :)

    By Blogger Mr Whack, at 3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home