The Magic Whack

Sunday, March 27, 2005

The last word on Magicrants.

I wasn't going to say anything else about magicrants, I want to keep this blog entertaining and opinionated and avoid silly feuds that go on too long. But I feel I have to post this final few comments in light of what's happened in the last day or so.

Steve Pellegrino posted his final words on the 'anonymous blogs' issue and Katterfelto of the Magic Square blog posted a comment. That comment was a copy of an email Steve had sent out to a few blogs including the Magic Mafia and MCJ encouraging them to bash Glenn Bishop.

It was underhanded enough to send the email and then have a mysterious change of heart a few days later but to make it worse Steve turns off the comments to that post so that no one sees it.

I thought he was a coward when he stopped discussing the Vernon/L&L issue and covered it up with the "I don't like anonymous bloggers anymore" bullshit. Now I KNOW he's a coward. In fact I now know that he's an underhanded cowardly little shit.

I encourage you to read the posts made by others about this:

Here's what Katterfelto of Magic Square posted.
Here's what MagicianX has to say on the matter.

I also want to acknowlege Thomas Waynes email to me in which he thanked me (sincerely) for the chance to post his views in the comments section of my blog. Your email showed class Thomas and please accept my thanks for taking the time to post your comments here.

I know that some of what I say will strike a nerve with people, but I won't ever turn comments off on a post. I reserve the right to remove a comment that is not relevant or just plain stupid, but I'll never take one off because it disagrees with what I say.

I am now considering removing the link to magicrants. Not in retalliation, but simply because I think the way he's handled himself recently has been piss poor. I'm not going to remove it yet, I don't want to make another rash decision on it like I did before in the heat of the moment. If you're going to allow comments on your blog - then allow comments. By all means set rules such as language filters or whatever - but removing comments because they show you for what you are or for disagreeing with you is pathetic.

MW.

P.S. If Steve Pellegrino really knows MCJ's place of work, where he lives and all that other stuff, and in one phone call can get his real name... why did he take MCJ off his blogroll? Surely knowing all that means he's not anonymous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home