The Magic Whack

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Black tiger decks.

On the cafe they are still debating how good or bad 'black tiger' decks are. I think it's time to end the debate. Here is the answer:

Black tiger decks are fucking crap. They are used by jumped up little shits whose magic is so piss poor that they have to use an interesting looking deck to give the audience something worth looking at. Most of them are going to have you take a card then toss them about and juggle them like an epilectic kid at a disco when they turn the strobes on, and if you're lucky at the end they'll spin your card out the deck and do a ninja pose.

If your magic is so piss poor that you have to rely on black decks to give your spectators a focal point of interest then maybe you should get a new hobby.

MW.

P.S. If you know of any other 'age old' debates that keep coming up over and over and over and fucking over - email me - I'll settle them too.

6 Comments:

  • OK - I'm on it. Give me a few days to do a little research!

    By Blogger Mr Whack, at 3:02 PM  

  • Mr. Whack

    Here it goes. Books are so much better than videos becaue....

    By Blogger kotkin, at 3:04 PM  

  • Hi.
    Lots. My view is that many debates are born from a set list of questions, always asked time after time in every magic forum. So, I will list the questions, wich are the root of those debates.

    a) Can we use cards in mentalism...or not?

    b) How Am I suppose to dress?

    c) How much should I charge?

    d) First time gig on table hopping. What tricks should I do?

    e) Is the pass necessary?

    f) Are stage magicians real magicians, or the real magic is in close up?

    g) Where do I learn street magic?

    h) Videos or books, already posted here.

    i)it's ok to fool people?

    j) it's cold reading ethical?

    k) a real classic: how do I manage hecklers?

    l) How do I build a routine/act/effect?

    m) How far back should I research credits?

    n) When I'm being original, when I'm quoting, when I'm stealing?

    o) Is it ok to steal an effect I've watched?

    p) What is misdirection?

    q) What is magic?

    r) I'm starting to learn card magic, what should I read? The same, with coins.

    s) It's ok to download from emule the latest DVD and books?

    t) Who invented collectors, Roy Walton or Marlo? I know Euan Binghams point of view.

    u) What do I do if someone ask me how did I do it?

    w) How do I approach a table?

    x) Can we learn magic from internet? (meaning sites, forums, not downloading videos, duh).

    y) How do you define exposure?

    z) Who is right: The Magic Cafe, or the blog people (blog people=? maybe a crossing between bull and frog?).

    I dont' have more letters in the alphabet, but rest assured that there are a few "eternal" questions I've not posted.

    KR

    Daniel de Urquiza
    AltaCartomagia
    Argentina

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:22 PM  

  • I've forgot "V", and it goes to
    v) Why there are not girls in magic?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:23 PM  

  • I was going to list some, but there are no more letters of the alphabet. I didn't even get here in time to snag the missing "V:...

    :-(

    By Blogger Anonymous, at 5:28 PM  

  • Looks like I'm going to busy eh?

    MW

    By Blogger Mr Whack, at 11:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home